Our mission is to emulate the love Jesus Christ by promoting wellness and providing quality healthcare for both the body and soul. In cooperation with the Church and others, Katallasso FHC will strive to reach beyond the health of the body for York City and surrounding communities.
Katallasso FHC: Reaching Beyond Healthcare!
Emulate the love of Jesus Christ - Whether our clients are Christian or not, our mandate as Christians is to share the love of Christ. In the context of the family health center this means that we will provide care (physically and spiritually) for the uninsured and underserved population of York City. Further this means removing the stigma that is often associated with the provision of healthcare of our type that many times prevents this person from seeking healthcare which of course can snowball into further complications medically.
Promoting Wellness - As described in the prior paragraph many times a seemingly small medical issue can snowball. We will seek to educate participants in such areas as nutritional guidelines, exercise and weight management and general hygiene in order to catch a medical issue before it even becomes one. We certainly recognize that wellness goes beyond care of the body and of course at the heart of our mission is the need for clients to become well spiritually. If permitted to do so by the client a path to this end will be developed and encouraged.
Quality Healthcare - Our research has indicated that York City has a shortage of Primary Care Providers. This is the area that medically we will be focused on. Consistency in relationship with a provider is vital in the health and wellness of an individual and community. An emergency department cannot provide this. Through the volunteer efforts of board certified medical professionals we seek to provide the primary care that is critically needed in the City.
Cooperation with the Church and Others - Big C Church does not mean one particular church. We come with the acknowledgement that there are many, many great works going on in the city and the faith community is clearly very strong. We will solicit involvement from already existing organizations, both Christian and not, that will help us to accomplish our stated mission. We have been doing this all along our path from the beginning and will continue to do so long into the future.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.